News: eh, nuq 'oH, doc?

Login  |  Register
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 18
  • stats Total Posts: 596
  • stats Total Topics: 69
  • stats Total Categories: 6
  • stats Total Boards: 18
  • stats Most Online: 12

Author Topic: Star Trek: Discovery  (Read 1491 times)

Daniel

Re: Star Trek: Discovery
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2018, 02:25:15 AM »
it's getting worse by every episode.. and im starting to hate this guy from after trek.. he is sooooooooooo iritating..

Raymond T.

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2018, 07:22:36 AM »
it's getting worse by every episode.. and im starting to hate this guy from after trek.. he is sooooooooooo iritating..
Yeah, the episode was confusing. And didn't make a lot of sense from a narrative point of view.  :cry:
"Hang on to your dreams. The future is built on dreams".

Dark Fox

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2018, 01:46:34 AM »
It's not that bad, If you lived though Deep Space 9, and Next Gen STar Trek. You should love Star Trek Discovery :eek:

Black Arachnis

« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2018, 02:26:11 AM »
It's not that bad, If you lived though Deep Space 9, and Next Gen STar Trek. You should love Star Trek Discovery :eek:
I did... and I STILL dislike Discovery...

Daniel

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2018, 03:26:13 PM »
at least ds9 and next gen knew what star trek was about..

Daniel

« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2018, 10:46:59 PM »
So finally could watch discovery today... and to me i liked it tody.. had lots of feelings they where listing for once to us.

specially the moment in the mess hall where the crew eventually ends up with the guy talking again,, gave me the feeling of how gene would look up to even when we knew he wasnt responsible about what he was doing since a klingon had messed up his mind.. very good scene..
second also nice to hear the reverenge to archer 100 years before and it was a reverenge to the xindi war altought not mention in sentence but you could make it out of that point..

and then the klingon war, so in this they are indeed following the book that was written back in the 80's/90's where indeed the klingons almost won the war
When they where close to earth, also in that book this was also revenging to axanar war.

sure there where also moments i did not like as the spores growing thingy, it almost comes close when you download a trainer to cheat a program.
whish we would see more fights whit a klingon and discovery so we know who is advanced, but okey lets wait, also the sentence that the klingon made "klingons tasted human blood" is a reverenge to several things also in the book klingon war, TNG, DS9 so it seems they are listing to the fans now after so many fights,, lets hope they will do more like this..

so in sort i had a feeling i was watching a star trek episode finally.. oh and the captain well done, i can accept that for this tim,e as it fits in this moment.

Raymond T.

« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2018, 02:18:53 PM »
So finally could watch discovery today... and to me i liked it tody.. had lots of feelings they where listing for once to us.

specially the moment in the mess hall where the crew eventually ends up with the guy talking again,, gave me the feeling of how gene would look up to even when we knew he wasnt responsible about what he was doing since a klingon had messed up his mind.. very good scene..
second also nice to hear the reverenge to archer 100 years before and it was a reverenge to the xindi war altought not mention in sentence but you could make it out of that point..

and then the klingon war, so in this they are indeed following the book that was written back in the 80's/90's where indeed the klingons almost won the war
When they where close to earth, also in that book this was also revenging to axanar war.

sure there where also moments i did not like as the spores growing thingy, it almost comes close when you download a trainer to cheat a program.
whish we would see more fights whit a klingon and discovery so we know who is advanced, but okey lets wait, also the sentence that the klingon made "klingons tasted human blood" is a reverenge to several things also in the book klingon war, TNG, DS9 so it seems they are listing to the fans now after so many fights,, lets hope they will do more like this..

so in sort i had a feeling i was watching a star trek episode finally.. oh and the captain well done, i can accept that for this tim,e as it fits in this moment.
I still would not have called it a full blown Star Trek episode, but I get where you are coming from. As a sci-fi drama it was indeed one of the better Discovery episodes. Even if the pacing is still murder.

Many fans keep blaming Alex Kurtzman for doing a poor job on the show. But really, all he did was write the basic plot of the show. And the basic plot is fine. Hell, the plot itself is solid! The plot is rooted in Star Trek lore and he knows what he is talking about when referencing obscure Star Trek tropes. It has twists and turns. It all fits with what we know of the Kirk-days of Star Trek. The script, the production and some of the direction. THAT'S where the show has its problems. The one episode for me that felt like Star Trek was the one where they discovered they were in the mirror universe, which was directed by Jonathan "Riker" Frakes. After that episode the following directors have tried to stay in that spirit, but meh... (And you probably like this episode, because it was directed by Firefly director David Solomon ;) ) And the writing... Too many cooks in the kitchen. Every episode is written by someone else. Now I know the previous Star Trek series also had multiple writers, but only after the spirit of the show was established. Right now it still doesn't really know what way to go.

As I have said before. As a Star Trek series it is below average. But as a Sci-Fi drama it is okay.
"Hang on to your dreams. The future is built on dreams".