News: eh, nuq 'oH, doc?

Login  |  Register
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 19
  • stats Total Posts: 596
  • stats Total Topics: 69
  • stats Total Categories: 6
  • stats Total Boards: 18
  • stats Most Online: 12

Author Topic: The Orville  (Read 1719 times)

Black Arachnis

The Orville
« on: September 12, 2017, 01:52:41 AM »
So... Seth McFarlane's new scifi series started the other day and after watching the first episode... I am pleasantly surprised. It's fun but doesn't rely on jokes like Family Guy. Anyone else see it yet and if so, what are your thoughts?

Daniel

Re: The Orville
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 02:42:56 PM »
So... Seth McFarlane's new scifi series started the other day and after watching the first episode... I am pleasantly surprised. It's fun but doesn't rely on jokes like Family Guy. Anyone else see it yet and if so, what are your thoughts?

must have mised it or somehow.. is it on netflix or something?

Black Arachnis

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 10:26:29 PM »
Started last sunday in the US, not certain who, if anyone, is airing it in NL.

Raymond T.

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 09:04:23 PM »
Ah... That's right... They stepped up the airdate a month from October 10th to September 10th. I forgot about that. Downloading now. ...I MEAN... Erm... "acquiring" now...  :embaras:
"Hang on to your dreams. The future is built on dreams".

Daniel

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2017, 02:58:18 AM »
Ah... That's right... They stepped up the airdate a month from October 10th to September 10th. I forgot about that. Downloading now. ...I MEAN... Erm... "acquiring" now...  :embaras:

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: seen it.. its funny as hell!! better then star trek

Raymond T.

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 09:19:41 AM »

Next week will be interesting. Episode 2 is directed by James L. Conway, who has directed serveral episodes of Star Trek TNG, DS9, Voyager and Enterprise!

And the week after that Robert Duncan McNeil aka Tom Paris will be at the helm!

:w00t:

Black Arachnis

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2017, 12:16:01 PM »

Next week will be interesting. Episode 2 is directed by James L. Conway, who has directed serveral episodes of Star Trek TNG, DS9, Voyager and Enterprise!

don't forget Brannon Braga and Johathan Frakes will also be in the director's chair... ;)

Daniel

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2017, 05:47:20 PM »

don't forget Brannon Braga and Johathan Frakes will also be in the director's chair... ;)

almost everyone will be in it or directing it, its a protest to cbs claim.. unfortunally it will al be an eye out to 20th century as for
1. negative reviews
2. cbs just made an official announcement to sue 20th century fox for potraing the orville as star trek.. altough we all know that 20th century will win this case..

also some say these reviewers are hired by cbs to give it a negative impact just to make usre their series will a top nuts..

so we will see what will happens, but still i like this..

Raymond T.

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2017, 09:55:31 PM »
Episode 2

I've most definately seen worse Star Trek episodes.  :thumbup1:

Black Arachnis

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2017, 01:35:49 PM »
just a notice, as of last Thursday The Orville now airs on thursdays so go get episode 3 and enjoy...  :D

Raymond T.

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2017, 04:38:04 AM »
just a notice, as of last Thursday The Orville now airs on thursdays so go get episode 3 and enjoy...  :D
It was a very solid episode.  :thumbup1:

Raymond T.

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2017, 08:15:16 PM »
Okay... All of recent Star Trek should be ASHAMED!!! The last 4 episodes of The Orville has been more Star Trek than all of the Kelvin movies and what we have seen of discovery thusfar. There is no way that they can best the most recent episode. My god! How many TOS and TNG and even the old animated series tropes did they cram into that one episode??? THAT was GLORIOUS!!!

plus...

SPOILERS!!!

SPOILERS!!!

SPOILERS!!!

SPOILERS!!!

SPOILERS!!!

SPOILERS!!!

Liam Freakin' Neeson

Black Arachnis

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2017, 11:15:07 PM »
Okay... All of recent Star Trek should be ASHAMED!!! The last 4 episodes of The Orville has been more Star Trek than all of the Kelvin movies and what we have seen of discovery thusfar. There is no way that they can best the most recent episode. My god! How many TOS and TNG and even the old animated series tropes did they cram into that one episode??? THAT was GLORIOUS!!!

plus...

SPOILERS!!!

SPOILERS!!!

SPOILERS!!!

SPOILERS!!!

SPOILERS!!!

SPOILERS!!!

Liam Freakin' Neeson
Charlize Theron next week... ;)

Raymond T.

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2017, 08:06:21 AM »
And thanks for ruining that surprise...  :waiting:

Black Arachnis

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2017, 01:16:23 PM »
And thanks for ruining that surprise...  :waiting:
um, she was in the preview for next week's episode... sorry though...  :sign-oops: